CITB – Grants for training for 2017 to 2018
These grants are currently available for employers in the construction industry to support training the workforce.
The grants are for different types of training and qualifications taken within the grant year (1 August 2017 to 31 March 2018).
Find which grant best suits your workforce and your needs.
Click this link for more information: goo.gl/eQA5Pa
CITB’s Flexible and Structured funding is for construction skills and training projects not supported by other CITB funding (e.g. the Grants Scheme).
The Funds focus on the skills and training areas identified as priorities for the construction industry through consultation with construction employers in 2015. The aim is to help build a well-skilled workforce to boost the industry in the long-term.
In the January 2016 application window, there are six funding options to choose from, depending on your organisation type and project:
Flexible Fund (for short projects, lasting up to 18 months):
Structured Fund (for longer projects, lasting from 18 months to five years):
- Enhanced incentives funding
- Infrastructure support funding
- Educational engagement – commissioned funding
Who can apply?
The Funds are available to one or more of the following groups, depending on your chosen funding option:
- Construction employers registered with CITB (individuals and groups)
- Construction industry federations
- Trade unions associated with construction occupations
- CITB-approved training groups.
£20 million is available across the Flexible and Structured Funds in 2016.
Different amounts are offered under each funding option – check the funding option pages, linked above, for details.
When to apply
You can apply for the Flexible and Structured Funds during an open application window. Each window is open for approximately four weeks.
- Flexible Fund: four application windows a year.
- Structured Fund: two application windows a year.
What to do next
- Decide which funding option is right for your project. Follow the funding option links above to find out about each option.
- Check there is no funding available for your project through other channels (e.g. the CITB Grants Scheme).
- Read the guidance notes on how to apply – these will be available in January 2016.
- Apply using the relevant application form – we’ll publish the forms on these
For more information contact: http://www.citb.co.uk/funding/how-to-apply-for-funding/ Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer training in ICT, Leadership and Management and Career Development to help your staff become greater and to increase their knowledge and productivity. We are actively looking to engage with companies registered with CITB to access this funding, so if you are interested in partnering or collaborating with us please contact our bid Director: Mike@CareerChangeWales.co.uk or phone 029 21 156 603