Duration: 3 Day Course + 2 Day Course Work
Objective of the course:
The course teaches to build a website in WordPress and understand the principles of e-commerce. The course goes into configuring the WordPress solution into an e-commerce website, along with set up of payment processes.
Understanding of HTML & CSS
- Introduction to e-commerce and online shopping carts.
- Understand the principles of online e-commerce including online gateway, merchant account.
- Understanding a WordPress Content Management System (website) and how they work.
- Introduction to WordPress.
- Introduction to Server technology and MySQL for installation of WordPress.
- Download of WordPress and tools and install on local machine for development.
- Configuring WordPress and understanding the administration layout.
- Working with WordPress themes, customising them.
- Creating webpages in WordPress.
- Working with menus in WordPress.
- Working with plugins, installation and configuration of WordPress.
- Installing and configuring e-commerce plugins in WordPress.
- Creating categories and product items for sale in WordPress.
- Steps needed to be taken to deploy a WordPress website.
- Other concepts such as Google Merchant Center, customer reviews.
- Basics of SEO (Search engine optimization) for online selling.
Our WordPress web design training courses are run regularly in the Cardiff office, please give us a call to book you a place on it.