The ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management qualification is an entry level qualification for anyone with management responsibilities but no formal qualification. It is also useful for anyone hoping to progress into a management position but who have not yet formalised their understanding with any training. It will benefit anyone with a management or supervisory position.
Management is a universally useful skill that is required by all sectors of work. From SME’s to global conglomerates, being a good manager makes you a useful member of any team. As a manager you have the power to enable people, allowing them to better themselves and those around them.
But what makes a good manager or bad manager is almost never spoken of. We all have experience of
working with people who made us feel capable and empowered and some of us will have experience of working with managers who undermined our ability, whether intentional or otherwise.
In this ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management course we will look into what makes a manager good or bad and assist those with an interest in the course in investigating how we can avoid the mistakes of the manager we worked with previously and see what made the good managers we have worked with make us smile or make our day.
Training Venue: 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff. CF10 3BD
For training dates, have a look at our calendar – CLICK HERE
We have excellent Google Reviews to see them Click Here
Who Should Attend
Anyone in a management or supervisory position will benefit from this ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management course. It is the entry level course in management that we offer and has no prerequisites. It can be undertaken as part of a CPD programme and is available under various funding routes.
We provide a wide variety of modules for our ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management. The modules we run most often are below, but we can provide any ILM Level 3 module which can be found here (ILM Level 3 Modules):
- Understanding Leadership – This course helps those who are in a management position, but don’t have the relevant qualifications. The course helps to understand what leadership is, and how you can lead your team to keep them enthusiastic and motivated.
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of Staff – This course will help to give knowledge of who to recruit and for what, it’s especially good for those who do interviews to recruit new staff. This course will help clients to be able to choose which person is best for what job and for what reason.
- Managing Workplace Projects – Workplace projects aren’t easy if you don’t know how to manage them, this course can teach you how to manage projects to reach deadlines. This course is ideal for people who feel like they run out of time with projects.
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace – Understanding health and safety is to everyone’s benefit, not only the person with the knowledge, you can stop many people from getting hurt and having to take time off work. This course is great for HR managers or anyone who is looking in to improving their environment for the better.
- Understanding Marketing for Managers – Many managers aren’t sure about marketing and need help to understand marketing, this course is great for those who aren’t sure how to do marketing. The course will benefit you not only if you need to get another job but it will also make it easier for your day to day work.
- Understanding Costs and Budgets – You will likely at some point as a manager have to work with costs and budgets. This course is a great as it goes in depth about how you can get a project within budget, or how to work out the projects cost. This will benefit any manager greatly, but is even better for those project managers.
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions – Everyone will come across problems, not just managers, but managers will also have to deal with their employees problems. Many managers aren’t sure how to deal with problems and this course will be able to help you with this. The course goes in depth as to how to solve a problem, how to choose a solution out of however many solutions you may have to a problem.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Explain and understand the difference between leadership styles
- Understand leadership qualities and be able to review your own leadership potential
- Recruit and select staff based on a job description and a candidates characteristics
- Identify your organisation’s relevant policies and procedures
- Prepare to interview a potential learner.
- Understand how to manage a workplace projects
- Explain S.M.A.R.T. objectives
- Explain what is meant by Health and Safety Considerations
- Successfully market your business
- Identify the costs of your business/projects
- Budget correctly
To complete this ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management course you will be required to undertake between 4-37 credits worth of modules. This ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management course comes in 3 levels of study, Award, Certificate and Diploma (lowest credit requirement to highest) The course will take between 3 days to several weeks to complete depending on the level of study and the modules selected. The below are our most used module groups however you can choose between any ILM Level 3 Module which can be found here – Link to ILM Level 3 Modules
|CCW-Training Academy (5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff. CF10 3BD)|
|ilm Level 3 in Leadership & Management (Award:4 credit, Cert:13 credit, Diploma:37 credit)|
|Options||Choose 1 module from each group to make-up a min of 6 credit or any permutation|
|Course Reference||Module Description||Credit Value||Days|
|Solving Problems and Making Decisions||2.5||2|
|Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace||2.5||2|
|Managing Workplace Projects||2.5||2|
|Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace||2.5||2|
|Understanding Marketing for Managers||1.5||1|
|Understanding Sustainability and Environmental Issues||3.5||3|