Wedding Photography Training Course
(5 or 6 day course)
Photography has become a massive industry over the years and much of that has been down to wedding photography. Every wedding will need someone to document it and so often that will be down to a wedding photographer.
If you are looking for a career change, to enhance your photography skills, well this could be the course for you. This is a wedding photography training course (5 days) full of up to date photography techniques and skills to keep your level high.
The course is headed by an experienced wedding photographer who has been in the industry for years and runs a wedding photography business that is hugely successful.
What is the duration of the course?
This is a 5 day course that will run during the day time from 9:15 AM to 5:00 PM during the weekdays. Included in this course is a one day on-site experience of a wedding photography session (as an observer). There is an optional 6th day of training.
The course is run at our head office at 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BD.
Aims and objectives
The aims of the course are to introduce you to the new techniques and skills within the photography industry as well as to develop yourself as a wedding photographer. You will be introduced to on and off camera flash techniques as well as how to use other lighting sources. There will be discussions within the group of how everyone currently works and how their current skill set can be developed to become a world class wedding photographers.
We will cover an album design that has been created by the tutor for real clients as well as a sample of albums that you will be able to look through.
The types of development that will be covered:
- How to book, invoice and write out contracts
- Which camera should you use and why?
- Understand what a good running order is and being able to stick to it
- What is a signature image and how do you find your particular style?
- Understand when to use different lighting
- The differences between RAW and JPG files and how to use them
- Utilise communication techniques to talk to clients
- Understand how to pose clients so they feel comfortable
- How to design an album for your clients
- The basics of marketing for a wedding photographer
- Different photography techniques and skills
- Creating a ‘Wordpress’ website for your photography business and how to market it
Daily Running Order
- Introduction to the business of Wedding Photography
- What you need to setup a business
- Investing in the right toolkit
- Marketing and branding
- Introduction to HTML
- Setting up a website and an online presence
- How to setup domain names, hosting and ISP
- Creating a WordPress website (Themes, templates, plugins)
- The structure of a wedding day
- Understand what to/not to do with wedding photography
- Practical wedding photography
- Understanding different communication techniques and styles
- How to edit your wedding photographs
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Light Room
- Understanding when to use differing image sizes
- Changing ‘Wordpress’ templates and themes
- Updating your content and blogging
- Practical SEO tips and techniques
Optional Day 6
- Practical observation and experience of a photograph event.
What you may need
- Laptop can be provided (If you have a personal laptop it would be advantageous)
- Camera kit and camera flashes that you have
- Website login details if you have one setup
There is possible funding for this course if you have been made redundant called ReAct funding which you can find here – ReAct Funding Grant
The course is £1,500 + VAT (VAT is exempt under ReAct funding). There will be an additional cost for the 6th day which is an optional day of training.