Course title: Principles of Risk Assessment
QCF: Level 2 Award
Awarding bodies: CIEH/HABC
Who is it for?
Anyone who is interested in carrying out risk assessment and needs to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
Course description: Employers and the self employed have a legal duty to assess health and safety risks. This course will allow all employees the ability to be able to understand and contribute to the process and act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
- Main causes of accidents and ill health, and their implications for people in the workplace.
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment including:
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
- the hierarchy of control
- risk assessment review and record keeping
Assessment: 30 multi choice questions examination paper
Course duration: 1 day (7 hours total qualification hours)
Entry requirements: None
Candidates required to provide: Note paper and pencil
QCF Accredited: Yes