The course is designed to provide an appreciation of how current and future environmental policies and regulations can impact business and adversely affect profitability. It is shown that environmental awareness not only assists in the early identification and management of such risks but also reveals potential business opportunities that arise from changes in legislation. New legislation places environmental responsibilities on both businesses and individuals. The course demonstrates the importance of understanding these responsibilities and offers guidance for achieving corporate and personal compliance with the regulatory requirements. How to maximise the business benefits that result from good environmental management are also discussed.
A better understanding of the:
- UK and EU Environmental Policy
- EU Environmental Directives and UK Regulations
- Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control (IPPC) Directive
- Environmental Permitting Regulations
- Best Available Technology (BAT) & BAT Reference Notes (BREFs)
- The Waste Directive & Regulations
- The ‘Duty of Care’
- Definitions of Product, By-Product, Waste, Reuse, Recycle and Recovery
- Environmental Assessment (EA) & Life Cycle Assessment
- The Packaging Directive & Regulations
- End of Life Vehicles (ELV) Directive & Regulations
- The Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive & Regulations
- Asbestos Awareness
- Presentations by tutor
- Feedback activity
The course is designed for professionals working in the construction, public, private and academic sectors.
Benefits Perceived by attendees
Gain a better understanding of environmental awareness, and the practical aspects of the new legislation and its implications and opportunities for business.
1 Day (6 hours)
Refreshments and buffet lunch will be provided including course notes.
Special dietary requirements please inform the administrator at email@example.com