Setting Out Training Cardiff
This Setting Out Training Cardiff course has been developed to provide a general overview of basic setting out techniques using manual and electronic equipment related to the transfer of design information to produce data for setting out on site.
The course will give the candidate a brief insight and understanding of setting out principles and equipment. Candidates will gain practical experiences in the use of manuals and electronic equipment to successfully implement co-ordinated setting out position of points, profiles and batter rails. These will also include on-site calculations and the installation of ‘profiles’ and ‘batter rails’ for trench work, earthwork and road construction.
1. Introduction to setting out
2. Conversion of design information to setting out data
3. Calculation of polar rectangular and grid co-ordinates
4. Levelling operations used in set finished levels
5. Setting out by co-ordinates using electronic survey equipment
6. Setting out by angle and horizontal distance
7. Setting out and installing profile boards and batter rails
8. Survey checks and as-built drawings using digital information
- Presentation by tutor, case study and examples
- Practical site setting out (on-site) using EDM – Total Station
- Revision and feedback activity
Benefits Perceived by attendees:
- Maintain and updating existing skills
- Gain practical setting out experience on site with practicing surveyor/engineer
“I completed a training course in Surveying and Setting-Out. The facilities were good and the training was excellent and able to be tailored to my specific needs. Very well informed, tutor used good written and practical aids. They come highly recommended A+++” – Andy Cole
Construction industry professionals who wish to update their existing setting out skills or who are in the early part of their careers and who wish to gain useful practical experience in setting out for construction purposes.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Homework : 3 Day
Refreshments and lunch will be provided including course notes.