Training Venue: 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff. CF10 3BD
Scheduled Dates: 05/05 – 19/05; 13/06 – 27/06; 11/07 – 25/07.
EAT is the entry level qualification for those who wish to become a teacher, trainer or facilitator. It will teach you the skills required to be an excellent trainer who enables those around you to succeed. This EAT course will provide learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to support their delegates in a learning conducive environment. EAT training has been developed for anyone entering or involved with teaching or training roles and needs to achieve the threshold qualification required to become a teacher. This can include; adult and community learning or development, Further Education and Higher Education, libraries and archive information services and vocational learning. This award in EAT can be the first step towards a PGCE (postgraduate certificate in education). All of our courses are led by a professionally qualified teacher with many years of experience. They are taught in small classes where discussion and understanding of the course is prioritised over exam oriented learning. Upon completion, our learners are experienced and have a comprehensive understanding of the role and function of a tutor or teacher.
We provide our EAT course through a partner company who is accredited by CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environment and Health)
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone who is looking at becoming either a teacher or a tutor, or possibly anyone who needs a boost for public speaking.
This course will cover the following:
- Learn how to ‘Break-the-Ice’
- Understand their own role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching
- Understand appropriate teaching/learning approaches for your vocational area
- Understand how to plan a training session – plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro-teaching session
- Understand need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted including internal and external assessment information.
- Understand how to analyse data.
- Be able to give Constructive Feedback that motivates learners to do better
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Adopt an integrative, inclusive approach in teaching and training.
- Reflect on your experience, practice, skills and potential for development, enabling you to self assess your teaching styles.
- Build up knowledge of principles involved in; learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation.
- Develop an awareness of; professional roles, the essential value systems which underpin it and the legal requirements for carrying out that role.
This is a 5 day course with 4 Assignments to complete including a Micro-teach and 3 essays.
There are no hidden costs for training. All of our training includes; on site parking, refreshments, training material, registration and all other related costs.
If you would like any additional information about this course then please contact us on 02921156603 or email info@CareerChangeWales.co.uk