For training dates, have a look at our calendar – CLICK HERE
If you cannot find the course you’re looking for on the calendar please contact us either by phoning 029 21 156 603 or emailing Info@CareerChangeWales.co.uk
This two day course will build upon Microsoft Office Access Level 1 where you’ll now discover the higher level functionality of Access 2013 as a relational database management system.
Advanced Microsoft Access will cover:
Within Tables you’ll work with; Table Field Properties, Normalisation, one-to-one relationships, one-to-many relationships & many-to-many relationships using junction tables. Additionally you’ll apply, referential integrity, cascade delete, cascade update.
Within Queries you’ll work with, Inner & Outer Joins, Concatenation, Parameter Queries, Union Query, Advanced Query Criteria, Delete Query, Make Table Query, Update Query, Crosstab Query, Use an SQL Statement to sharpen Query Results.
Within Forms you’ll work with; creating Forms with Subforms, Linked Forms, working within Form Design View. Additionally, use Controls such as Option buttons, & Command buttons, event procedures & Macros. Then move onto the amazing Combo Boxes & Look up Lists.
Within Reports you will work with creating a variety of Reports with groups & summaries, calculations (bound & unbound).
Importing, linking & exporting data across a number of software application platforms.
Designate object permissions for Back end & Front end Users.
Finally, you get the opportunity to create a switchboard that’ll function along with the Autoexec Macro to hide back end functionality & show your switchboard with buttons that run the objects on click.
Who Should Attend
Any office based worker who is likely to use databases, or simply anyone who would like the knowledge of how Access works. There are no prerequisites for this course but learners will greatly benefit from some knowledge of computers and understanding of how operating systems can be used.
So here’s what you’ll be able to achieve on completion of this two-day Advanced Access course:
- Discover Table Field Properties.
- Discover the power of Normalisation.
- One-to-one relationship.
- One-to-many relationships.
- Union Query.
- Advanced Query Criteria.
- Delete Query.
- Use an SQL Statement to sharpen Query Results.
- Creating Forms with Subforms.
- Discover the power of Macros.
- Event Procedures.
- Create Reports with Groups & Summaries.
- Setting Tab Settings, Page Breaks.
- Calculations within Bound & Unbound Text Boxes.
- Importing, Linking & Exporting data across a number of software application platforms.
- Designate Object permissions for Back end & Front end Users.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Apply Advanced Access functionality within, Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports & Macro, SQL Statements & Event Procedures.
- Deal with Importing & Exporting Data across application platforms.
- Establishing Front end & Back end functionality
- Creating a Switchboard & setting up an Autoexec Macro
Advanced Access is only delivered as a 2 day course. There are no hidden costs for training. All of our training includes; onsite parking, refreshments, training material, registration and all other related costs.
If you would like any additional information about this course then please contact us on 02921156603 or email Admin@CareerChangeWales.co.uk