AutoCAD Civil 3D Training (3-day Course)
This AutoCAD Civil 3D training course has been developed to provide a general overview of basic land surveying and measurement techniques using manual and electronic equipment. It will cover transfer of field data to digital terrain modelling software and to produce 2 or 3 dimension survey output files for computer aided design.
AutoCAD 3D Civil Training Course aims:
The aim of this comprehensive 3-day course is to equip participants with a proficient understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Enabling them to confidently navigate the software’s interface, efficiently process survey data, generate accurate land designs, and produce professional-quality plans, profiles, and sections. Through hands-on instruction and practical exercises, participants will gain the skills needed to harness the power of AutoCAD Civil 3D for proficient land surveying and site development, enhancing their capabilities in various facets of civil engineering and design.
AutoCAD 3D Civil Training Course Content
- Download, Installation, and Activation of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Configuration and Setup Based on Coordinate Systems
- Preparation of Downloaded Survey Data (Total Station)
- Importing and Configuring Total Station Data (Points)
- Organising Points Using Point Groups and Queries
- Surface Creation and Site Analysis Using Various Methods
- Creating Site Plans, Contours Map Using Different Approaches
- Developing Longitudinal Profiles and Cross-Sections
- Create Surface Profile and Profile View
- Create Road Profile from File
- Create Profile Bands Style
- Applying Scaling and Rotation Techniques
- Calculate Cut and Fill Surface Volume and Elevation
- Traverse Adjustment
- Create Parcel, Parcel Creation Tools
- Create Parcel Labels
- Plan Production and Section Sheets Creation
- Template for Plan, Profile, and Section Sheets
- Plan Production and Sheets Layout in Civil 3D
Built Environment professionals who wish to refresh/update their surveying skills or for new graduates, trainees who are early in their career and who wish to gain useful practical experience in land surveying.
3 Days (8 hours / day)
Refreshments and lunch will be provided including course notes.
(Special dietary requirements please inform the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Training Venue: 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BD.
Check out our OTHER COURSES.
You can follow us on TWITTER to keep up with what we’re doing, our new training courses being developed as well as what courses are running soon.