GIS Training Course – Surveying (3-D)
This GIS training course has been developed to provide a general overview of basic land surveying and measurement techniques using manual and electronic equipment. Learn how to transfer field data to digital terrain modelling software and to produce 2 or 3 dimension survey output files for computer aided design (CAD).
GIS Training Course Aims:
The aim of this 3-day GIS course is to provide participants with a solid foundation and advanced skills in geospatial techniques, empowering them to proficiently utilise Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for data analysis, visualisation, and decision-making. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and hands-on practical exercises candidate will learn this specialist skills.
Introduction to GIS (Theoretical)
- GIS History
- Why Geography is Important
- GIS data models
- What is Geodatabase?
- Concept of Cartography
- Scale and Resolution
- Attribute table and data types
- Data query
- Coordinates system
- Sources of error in GIS
- Limitation of GIS
- Rules of GIS
- The future of GIS
- Introduction to GIS Interface
- Geo-referencing Techniques: Aligning Spatial Data
- Digitizing Essentials: Creating Accurate Vector Data
- Query and Selection Methods for Data Analysis
- Symbology and Cartographic Principles
- Geo-processing Techniques:
- Buffer Analysis
- Clip, Intersect, Merge, Dissolve, and Union Operations
- Creating Map-books for Efficient Visualization
- Understanding Topology for Data Integrity
- Introduction to Surface Analysis: DEM, TIN, and Contouring
- TIN and 3D Visualization in Arc Scene
- Annotation and Dimensioning in GIS
- Exploring Subtypes and Domains for Data Classification
- Implementing a Grid System for Spatial Reference
- Layout Design: Creating Effective Portraits
- Seamless Data Exchange: GIS to CAD and CAD to GIS
- Applying Spatial Statistics for Pattern Analysis
- Mobile GIS and Field Data Collection Techniques
- Final Project Development: Design and Implement a Spatial Analysis Project
Construction industry professionals who wish to update their existing surveying skills or who are early in their career and who wish to gain useful practical experience in land surveying.
3 Days (8 hours / day)
This is a 3-day course that runs from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know by emailing Info@CareerChangeWales.co.uk. You can also contact us on 029 21 156 603 or emailing us in the beforementioned email for prices and more information.
Training Venue: 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BD.
Check out our OTHER COURSES.
You can follow us on TWITTER to keep up with what we’re doing, our new training courses being developed as well as what courses are running soon.