Introduction to Procurement
This 1-day Introduction to Procurement workshop provides a high level of overview of the end-to-end sourcing process. This workshop aims to equip participants with an overview of the strategic sourcing process. It explores roles, key activities and methods used to drive value from the procurement process. The workshop will benefit those who are involved in the procurement/sourcing process and who perform activities that are part of the sourcing process. In particular this course will benefit people who are new to procurement or sourcing or who may require a ‘refresher’.
Introduction to Procurement Course structure
There will be pre and post workshop activities totalling about 90 minutes additional workload, as the workshop is founded upon 70/30 (Quality/Cost) principles. The workshop will be led by a very experienced facilitator with over 35 years of practical procurement experiences in the public and private sector.
Benefits of attending:
Attendance will help raise awareness of the sourcing process and the tools that can be applied.
Delegates will also gain three key benefits from attending:
- More appreciation of the importance of planning to deliver better outcomes.
- More appreciation of the tools and other resources available to support strategic sourcing.
- Awareness of good practices/ ‘tips and traps’ of how to deliver a procurement process that drives outcomes and value for money.
Key learning outcomes:
- The various type/s of procurement methodology
- Understanding of strategic sourcing process and identify the ways to manage the sourcing process.
- Identify the relationships that the sourcing team need to establish with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify the tools and resources that are appropriate at each phase of the strategic sourcing process.
- Relate strategic sourcing and category management to the end-to-end procurement process.
This training will give you the knowledge of how to solve various problems using long-standing techniques. You will also learn how to analyse problems, use creativity to implement innovative ideas within your organisation.
Who Should Attend?
The training will be helpful for all individuals who are serious about developing their management and leadership abilities. It will especially suited to those who are aspiring or seeking promotional prospect to their current position. The aim of the training is to equip participants with a range of key management skills so they can put it into practice in their own role.
Introduction to Course Content
This training course will cover the following:
- The rhetorical triangle – Ethos, Pathos and Logos.
- The practical application.
- Thoughtful Arguments
- Use of Emotion in Critical Thinking
By the end of the course learners will be:
- Able to understand and communicate with others in sharing ideas
- Able to foresee how things will turn out
- Able to evaluate issues without bias
- Able to solve procurement issues/problems
- Able to implement practical Critical Thinking skills in practise
- Able to build Leadership capabilities
Find out dates by looking at our COURSE CALENDAR
This is a 1-day course that runs from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know by emailing Info@CareerChangeWales.co.uk
Cost per delegate: £200 + VAT
1 Day CPD certificate awarded on completion of training.
Training Venue: CCW-Training Academy, 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff. CF10 3BD