Duration: 3 Day Course + 2 Day Course Work
Objective of the course:
The course teaches to build a website in WordPress and understand the principles of e-commerce. The course goes into configuring the WordPress solution into an e-commerce website, along with set up of payment processes.
Understanding of HTML & CSS
- Introduction to e-commerce and online shopping carts.
- Understand the principles of online e-commerce including online gateway, merchant account.
- Understanding a WordPress Content Management System (website) and how they work.
- Introduction to WordPress.
- Introduction to Server technology and MySQL for installation of WordPress.
- Download of WordPress and tools and install on local machine for development.
- Configuring WordPress and understanding the administration layout.
- Working with WordPress themes, customising them.
- Creating webpages in WordPress.
- Working with menus in WordPress.
- Working with plugins, installation and configuration of WordPress.
- Installing and configuring e-commerce plugins in WordPress.
- Creating categories and product items for sale in WordPress.
- Steps needed to be taken to deploy a WordPress website.
- Other concepts such as Google Merchant Center, customer reviews.
- Basics of SEO (Search engine optimization) for online selling.
Our WordPress web design training courses are run regularly in the Cardiff office, please give us a call to book you a place on it.
Online and Zoom-pro based training
We are offering construction courses online and Zoom based training as well as our usual classroom courses. Should there be further lockdown restrictions more courses are likely to be done either through Zoom or via online. However as of this moment, we are providing all of our training as normal in classrooms. We are also ensuring that classroom training courses are done in very small numbers of no more than 4. This is so we can not only provide the highest quality of training, but also we ensure everyone’s safety during these times.
Should you be interested in Zoom training you will need to have a PC or laptop and a free Zoom account. If you do not have a Zoom account, we can help you to setup one.