ReAct Funded Training: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Many of you may be aware of ReAct funding (Welsh Government funding), to cover the costs of your retraining to help you to get back into employment. We are frequently contacted by individuals trying to find out how and where they can get hold of ReAct funding and what it can be used to pay for? The ReAct funding project is financed by the Welsh Government.
We have put together this FAQ to help answer some of the questions we are often asked.
1. Is Career Change Wales – Training Academy ReAct?
No, we are a training provider, we work closely with Working Wales and the ReAct team to help individuals who have been made redundant (within 3 months of the date of redundancy).
If you want to contact Working Wales regarding your ReAct application you can phone them on this number -> 0800 028 4844
Once you have contacted a Working Wales advisor you can contact us on -> 029 21 156 603
2. How much Funding am I eligible for under ReAct Grant?
Under ReAct grant you could be entitled up to £1500 towards your vocational training (Subject to approval by ReAct). You could also apply for financial assistance to pay for your travels and child care.
3. Am I Entitled to ReAct Funding?
If you are;
- A resident in Wales at the time of redundancy/unemployment and the time of application
- 18 years old and over
- Within 12 months of becoming unemployed and have barriers to employment
- Under formal notice of redundancy and are within 12 months of being made redundant and have barriers into employment
- An ex-offender or an offender serving their sentence in the community
- Aged 18 – 24 and are NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training)
- Forces Migrants/Sanctuary seekers who enter the UK within the last 12 months and have the right to work in the UK
You will be eligible. Unfortunately, if you are self-employed you won’t be eligible for ReAct Funding.
Under the new guidelines if you are in any of the above groups you would be eligible for up to £1,500 to put towards training. You would also be eligible for up to £3,000 for your new employer.
ReAct Plus also now provides a variety of support to ensure there are no barriers to you being able to get the training you need. Some of the support offered are:
- A vocational training grant of up to £1,500 to help individuals get the skills they need to find a new job
- An extra support grant of up to £300 to help with expenses whilst training
- Help with registered care and childcare costs whilst training up to £4,550
- Personal Development Support Grant of up to £500 for those individuals identified as having a barrier to the labour market and require additional support having completed vocational training.
- Employer Recruitment Support with a contribution of up to £3,000 towards the wages of the new recruit for the first 12 months. An additional £1,000 is available to employers who recruit an individual who is aged 18 to 24 OR is disabled. An additional £2,000 is available to employers who recruit an individual who is aged 18 to 24 AND is disabled.
- Employer Training Support with a contribution of 50% towards the costs of job-related training up to £1,000.
4. What can I use the ReAct funded training for?
ReAct funded training can be used to cover the cost of your vocational training that is related to an individuals personal, professional and career development plan. This must be realistic and reasonable development related to your past employment or in certain circumstances you can apply training that will help you to change career.
5. What Training Course Should I Take?
Which course is right for you will depend entirely on your circumstances, speak to a working Wales advisor to discuss your options.
We can make recommendations that are realistic and will be focussed on helping you to attaining new employment.
6. Can you advise me on my Career Change?
Yes, but you shuold speak to Working Wales first as they offer free consultation regarding career advise. If you so choose after your consultation we can discuss your options and the courses available to you that can help you to attain employment. We have members of staff with many years of practical experience in employment law, HR and as hiring manager within many private, public and third sector organisations. We draw on their knowledge to advise you on the best possible outcome.
7. How long will my training course take?
Your training will take anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks to complete depending on what course you choose. All of our courses are fast track and can be completed in as short a time as possible. This allows you to begin applying for jobs with your new qualification(s) ASAP.
8. How much will my Training Course Cost?
Your training will not cost you anything. ReAct+ funding is up to £1500. If you wish to take additional courses over the value of £1500 you will need to fund the difference yourself.
9. How long will it take to start my training course?
This will depend on several factors. It will normally take between 1-2 weeks to complete the application process (i.e. filling out all the appropriate paper work with Working Wales). Once your application has been approved by the ReAct Team, you can begin your training.
10. Can I have a Free Consultation?
Yes, but we advise you speak to a representative at Working Wales first, you can reach them here 0800 028 4844
Once you have spoken to Working Wales you are welcome to give us a call on 02921 156603 to disscuss what courses we offer and a free career consultation.
11. Why Should I Train with You?
- Our courses are specifically designed to help people to get back into employment as soon as possible. We have a 90% success rate for returning to employment within 3-6 months after completing a course with us.
- We offer a free coaching and mentoring service for all our candidates,
- All of our courses are taught in small classes (i.e. no more than 6 individuals in a class, on average 4 people)
- All of our classes are tutor lead and all of our tutors have a combination of industry experiences in their respective fields. You can see our Tutors Here
- We offer quality training, 98% of our clients would recommend us to a friend or member of family. Click Here to a look at our Google Testimonials
- We have a free private car park for the use of our candidates and access to our on-line portal to assist you in your learning experience with us.
If you would like any further information about ReAct or any of the courses that we deliver contact us on:
Alternatively, you can contact us on: email@example.com