Connection Opportunities for People in Europe (COPE)
Since the completion of our Connection Opportunities for People in Europe (COPE) project in 2020, many youth managers have gained from the information, knowledges and good practices shared. The COPE project trains young people, both projects target young people with fewer opportunities directly or indirectly.
COPE’s rationale is focused on two key elements of the EU policies: social inclusion and unemployment amongst youth with fewer opportunities.
COPE can be considered as one of the EU’s affirmations’ solution: “Young people need the opportunity to develop the skills and competences which will help them to find their place in the labour market and in society as a whole.”
COPE aims to:
- Connect young people in Europe with the aim of increasing social inclusion, promoting EU values, diversity, acceptance and inter-cultural and social dialogue.
- COPE encourages youth to support their peers in need through volunteering and learning exchanges.
- Fight against long-term work/training inactivity.
- Increase the basic skills of young people with fewer opportunities through simplified training and peer learning;
- Connect young people with fewer opportunities with job centres and inform them about projects such as; European job support and initiatives
- Make Erasmus+ accessible to everyone and motivate young people with fewer opportunities to take part in a mobility project with the aim of:
- Increasing the employability and social skills of young people with fewer opportunities;
- Decreasing the fears young have about mobility through guidance.
Target group – Young people including young people with fewer opportunities in Europe
- Training kit
- Introduction to European Union and international mobility grants
- What do I need to know when preparing my departure?
- Online platform for youth – OPY
These training modules will help learners to improve their basic skills in preparing for any mobility projects. It will also give learners a better understanding of equality, diversity and the European Union. In order to select the training module, please click the module you would like to complete.
Learners will have an opportunity to have an overview of European and international mobility programmes, and the certification available. Alumni testimonies and videos related to their mobility experience will also be available. In order to select the training module, please click the module you would like to complete.
This training will help learners to understand what you will need to do to move across Europe. It will cover topics such as who to contact to take part in a mobility, how long will your departure be, what documents will you need and other practical details.
Address: 5-7 Museum Place, Cardiff, Wales, U.K. CF10 3BD
Tel: +44 (0)29 21 156 603